Monday, August 31, 2009

post anberlin baybeats

anberlin at baybeats 2009.
A dream come true!
Last year it was Blindside. This year one of my all time favourite band headlined the show!
I wldnt miss it for the world!

Sequence of events:
- we were late for the acoustic show but somehow managed to squeeze thru the sides and get a full (side) view of nate and the band. The atmosphere was awesome with everyone singing along. The whole stage was packed!
- powerhouse perf need to be spazzed!
I was standing like in the 6th, 7th row from the stage to the left. While awaiting anberlin's soundcheck, some teens decided to light a cigarette and smoke. Bloody inconsiderate much? So packed still got the cheek to light up. They got lots of glares form ppl but they turned a blind eye. Then the stars of the night entered. The whole crowd pushed forward and it got a whole lot more packed.
The moment the song started, everyone was pushing and shoving. I didnt really mind it. Just joined in and danced, headbanged and sang. The joy of listening to anberlin live is just overwhelming.

Bad points of being in the pit:
- i have aweful stamina! Got damn shagged and breathless halfway thru and ppl were still shoving. There seriously was not enuf air to breathe. It felt so damnfuckg stuffy like a sauna. I nearly fainted thrice. I closed my eyes and swayed but nearly fell. Panted like a dog at some point of time. Hahaha must have looked quite a sight. (but i dont care eh eh eh eh eh)
- muddy shoes and skinny jeans became the victim
- who put those pebbles at the stage area?! Haha sharp pebbles crawled into the shoes and prevented me from jumping alot
- my lips and face made contact with a lot of sweaty backs. Like ewwwww! There was one skinny malay boy who took of his shirt. My hand swept across his and i totally drew back. I gave a disgusted look and hightailed out of there. Haha eww much?
- was unable to get a good video of them. Cuz of all the shoving and stuff. And when i did manage, my hands were all shaky due to excitement and fatigue. (the last song was a slow song)

good points:
- i made use of the advantage of being in the crowd tt was pulsating forward and back; i pushed my way to the front and got a clear view of my heroes :D
but then i got tired of maintaining my spot and let them push me to the back to rest.
- one of the best crowd experience ever! Everyone was so hyper. Quite a few knew anberlin's songs and we all sang in unison.
- just listening to my fave songs live.. Makes my heart sing :D i love anberlin!!
Godspeed was goddamn osemm! I wish i cld relive the night :')



ANBERLIN;
guys i hope we (sg-ians) made a gd impression on you guys. At the end of ur acoustic set, you said til the end of ur days you'll rmbr tt moment forever. When everyone sang in unison. I hope u really mean it. And at the end of the powerhouse set, you said you'll see us real soon.. I hope u guys are planning for a concert again. Please ohplease let it be that. You know who'll be there!
Always an anberlin fan..
Godspeed <3

No comments: