Saturday, January 03, 2009

two oh oh ninee

i've been inspired by hailwa's blog entry to officially bid a fond farewell to 2008 and welcome 2009. so here goes,

2008 held lots of fond memories.
-of times spent cycling with friends and family at pulau ubin- remember when we met and fed that stray dog soggy hot dog buns? and that one time kai and his best friend tried to do the uphill zigzagging thing but failed misrably? haha
-the days spent celebrating friends' birthdays.
primmy's party at BluJaz was a bomb! and so was the chalet after that. i still laugh thinking abt it
-going to london was definately the hightlight of the year
thanks to primmy i got to have tt experience tt i feel i wont EVER get to do on my own. And watching the Futureheads LIVE? wow.
if only we could have gotten tix to the NME show. bloc party & arctic monkeys~
or enter shikari!! hahaha
- i started working as a kanusa (nurse). it has been pretty hectic and so very hard on my body (i lost weight cuz i kept starving myself T.T) and i hope i wont repeat my mistakes in the future and to learn from it so that i can be a better healthcare giver to my dear patients.
-2008 was when i started going into this whole korean phase. i never thought it would come to this but there's no turning back now and i'm having the time of my life(:
learning and loving a new language has been so much fun and i really hope i can get join some classes in 2009 if the time permits. im sorry to those who cant understand my love for this language and for the people, but its my choice. im just sad that you cant accept me for who i am.
-it was the year i learnt the ropes of the game CounterStrike and to the people who dragged me along to CS sessions. I LOVE YOU!! hahah i had so much fun la. and still having withdrawal symptoms
-to the new friends i made in 2008, to the old friends and aquaintances who stayed by me
i thank thee and i love thee so much for making my 2 decades in life worth living

2009 is just a number. its how we spend the whole 365 days that matters. so people, live life and dont be afraid to do what you love. let your passion be the one who leads the way.
happy new year (:

No comments: